We love Banana Bread at our house and as they grow, our little wolves love it too. This recipe has been used for many years, tweaked and sampled, until it’s just right.
It is a great treat to bring to a sick friend; after church coffee; welcome neighbour; or glad you are home from school! I hope you will love it as much as we do. Don’t forget to try the different additions too.
Best Banana Bread
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups White Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 5-6 Very Ripe Bananas
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Power
- 1 Tsp Salt
- **Additions: 1 1/2 Cups of any of the following:
- Chocolate Chips
- Using a mix master, cream butter and sugar together. Beat in the eggs one at a time until smooth. Add bananas one at a time and blend. (If using frozen bananas you may need to thaw them partially as they will make your butter hard again) Add vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl stir all your dry ingredients, include and additions at this time. This is important Dump the two bowls together, gently fold and stir until it is just barely mixed. If a few spots of flour show, don't worry about it.
- Divide into two loaf pans that have been greased or sprayed. At this point you can also add halve the amount of the additions and very gently stir into the batter of one pan. This way you can satisfy the taste of everyone. Something else I do at this stage is sprinkle a line of sugar down the center of each loaf. Don't ask me why, it's not as if they aren't sweet enough, I just do.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for appx 1 Hour. A toothpick should come out clean from the center of the loaf. Remove from oven and let stand in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack. They freeze nicely.