With our fruit trees already bearing new fruit, I need to think seriously about what I have in the freezer. The peaches that I froze were not used as much as I thought they would be so something new had to be done.
My diet has been gradually cutting out all dairy, with wonderful results. However, that means no ice cream for a summer treat any more. Back in the reaches of my mind and recipe cards I found something I could have and use up some of those peaches from last year. Sorbet.
Sorbet is the best dairy-free; gluten-free, fat-free dessert out there and very easy to make. Pretty much any fruit will make outstanding Sorbet, the limits are just your imagination. You can make them plain or add a bit of zest with a tablespoon of your favourite liquor.
Check out MixParty and tell me one you think you would like to try in your Sorbet. Watch for a great giveaway coming soon!
Peaches, here I come!
Served in a Tea Cup
- 2 Cups Frozen Peaches
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Envelope Gelatin
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon MixParty Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
- Blend partially thawed peaches until smooth.
- Add water and sugar, and flavour** and stir until sugar is absorbed
- Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup of water add 1/4 cup of boiling water to this and stir until completely mixed, stir into peaches
- Freeze. Stir once or twice during the freezing time.
- Serve in a beautiful tea cups for special guests.
- ** In this case the MixParty Coconut Balsamic Vinegar; or for a grownup taste MixParty Wine Cocktail Pina Colada.