Packed with vitamins, calcium and minerals, kale is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. I love putting it in salads for added crunch and flavour. One of my favourite ways to have kale is as Seasoned Chips. Yummy! This is a healthy alternative to potato chips.
Kale Chips are easy, peasy to make. With a few ingredients, an oven or dehydrator, you can have these snacks with in minutes. Be sure to experiment too. For a little extra spice, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or sweet paprika; if you are a cheese lover, a little Parmesan and fresh pepper.
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- Wash and dry kale
- Take all the leaves off the center stem. You can cut or tear them off.
- Tear or cut the kale into bite sized pieces
- Place the kale into a large bowl then drizzle with olive oil and add Seasonings
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a Dehydrator you will have to experiment as to times and temperatures.