I really did not feel like cooking tonight! Thank goodness I had taken some chicken breasts out of the freezer yesterday. Chicken is so easy to do anything with.
The barbecue did not appeal to me and I was sick of potatoes. What, what, what to make? I really wanted spaghetti so chicken cacciatore it was. Now did I have all the ingredients? Nope, however that just makes it a challenge. I did find a jar of spaghetti sauce, a box of spaghetti and of course the chicken.
The chicken breasts I poured over my Sundried Tomato Infused Olive Oil from Mix Party added some tomato basil seasonings and wrapped them in foil. These I did put on the barbecue until cooked and tender. Heated up the spaghetti sauce, cooked the spaghetti. When the chicken was done, I took one chicken breast and sliced it in small pieces. I grounded some pink sea salt over them and set it aside. Once the spaghetti sauce was hot and the pasta cooked it was dished up and the chicken placed on the top. Add the cheese of choice, a little fresh basil, and a slice of artisan bread and Voila, easy dinner. By the way, I did not make the bread, Bop did and it just came out of the oven in time for dinner. It all tasted wonderful!
- 1 or 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
- Cheese, parmesan, goat, or cheddar
- Fresh Basil
- Place chicken breasts in a zip bag or bowl
- add two tablespoons of olive oil, (I used Mix Party Sundried Tomato)
- 1 tsp of tomato basil seasoning (I used Epicure)
- Wrap in foil and bake on the BBQ for 20-25 minutes, turning once
- Heat 1 jar of spaghetti sauce (you may add whatever veggies you want, I had none)
- Enough pasta for two or three people cooked dente
- Slice cooked chicken thinly and grind some sea salt on top
- When pasta is cooked, sauce is hot, dish up your plate!
- Top with chicken slices; cheese of choice and 2-3 leaves of fresh basil torn up.